Collective worship at Carleton Endowed CE Primary Schools aims to provide the opportunity for pupils to worship God, to consider spiritual and moral issues and to explore their own belief.
The school encourages participation and response, whether through active involvement in the presentation of worship or through listening to and joining in the worship offered; and to develop community spirit, promote a common ethos and shared values, and reinforce positive attitudes.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England.
- To worship God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- To reflect on Christian values
- To develop a community spirit, a common ethos and shared values
- To consider spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues
- To foster a sense of awe and wonder of the world
- To provide opportunities for celebration, reflection and prayer