I am writing to you regarding the kit list for any of our residential visits in 2021.
All specialist equipment will be supplied by each centre. Children should NOT bring any unnecessary valuables, such as mobile phones, jewellery, CD players, MP3s, iPods, electronic games equipment etc.
Please do try to not wear jeans for activities. They restrict movement, do not dry easily and make you very cold when wet. You may wear them for travelling or in the evenings, but not for the outdoor elements. There is a drying room at each centre which we can use throughout the week.
At least two pairs of trainers are essential. One pair can be really old ones, which will be used on water activities.
Please ensure that you bring the following:
- Waterproof jacket (if you have one, if not any warm coat/jacket)
- Changes of outdoor clothes – the older and cheaper the better!
- Long sleeved shirts/tops
- T shirts
- Swimming costume/Swimming Shorts to go underneath your old clothes (these will get wet)!
- Hat and gloves
- Sun cream
- Warm jumpers/fleeces
- Old clothes for particularly dirty activities (e.g. the outdoor sessions)
- 1 or 2 pairs of Shoes/Boots/Trainers (something old that is comfortable for walking in)
- A pair of indoor shoes that we can use inside the centre
- Drinks/water bottle
- A bin liner for wet clothes – they do have a drying room at each centre, but sometimes clothes are still damp the following day.
- Wash kit
- Night clothes
- Any medication you need. This needs to be fully labelled with instructions
- Pocket money £5 - £10 maximum
- A rucksack to carry things in