At Carleton Endowed Primary school we increase pupils’ knowledge and understanding of our world, and with developing skills associated with Science as a process of enquiry.
We intend to achieve this by fostering a natural curiosity in the children, encourage respect for living things and physical environment as well as providing opportunities for critical evaluation of evidence.
- Help develop and extend our children’s scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding about their world.
- Equip pupils with the skills to live in an increasingly scientific and technological world.
- Build on our children’s natural curiosity and developing a scientific approach to problems.
- Use practical experiment and explorations to develop the skills of investigation, including: observing, measuring, predicting, hypothesising, experimenting, communicating, interpreting, explaining and evaluating.
- Use essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge.
- Develop the use of scientific language and recording techniques.
- Actively make links between science and other subjects.